Push Button Switch 10A 250V 3 Pole ( Omni)
- In industrial and commercial applications, push buttons can be connected together by a mechanical linkage so that the act of pushing one button causes the other button to be released
- In this way, a stop button can "force" a start button to be released.
- This method of linkage is used in simple manual operations in which the machine or process has no electrical circuits for control
- Red pushbuttons can also have large heads (called mushroom heads) for easy operation and to facilitate the stopping of a machine
- These pushbuttons are called emergency stop buttons and for increased safety are mandated by the electrical code in many jurisdictions
- This large mushroom shape can also be found in buttons for use with operators who need to wear gloves for their work and could not actuate a regular flush-mounted push button